- Lori, Posted: 07/04/2022
First off Gabby, Xioma, and Mariam made the house and grounds 5 stars. Yes the home is nice and the pool is an amazing addition to the home along with the outside kitchen but those ladies made our experience even better! Breakfast was superb and always brought to the outside dining area. Fresh linens and towels washed daily. Mariam, the concierge, set up excursions and gave us so many recommendations for places to visit and places to shop (groceries). The house was nice but the kitchen was lacking in some areas but I’ve been told it is going to be remodeled very soon. So I won’t factor that into my review. Overall we had a great time and the home is wonderful! The ocean is beautiful but not usable due to the rocks and the rough surf. When the tide is out is an awesome time to walk the beach. Howler monkeys were in the trees around the home. There were nice beach chairs and umbrellas to use. We loved our time at Casa Costa Blanca!
- Ken, Posted: 05/29/2022
We have traveled and cruised to many places in the world over the last 40/50 years and without hesitation can say that Marian and her team provided the best concierge we have ever experienced.
- Michele, Posted: 05/29/2022
You just can’t ask for anything more at Casa Costa Blanca! The house & accommodations far exceed any place I’ve ever been and the staff were great! Pictures do not do this place justice! Mariam was a true blessing. We originally booked this trip back in 2020, rescheduled for 2021 and then finally got to go in 2022 and Mariam was right there through it all! She even assisted when we had a last minute disruption to 2 guests coming but she jumped right into action and took care of everything! She helped with excursions, getting our car rentals booked, and gave us some amazing suggestions on restaurants (Pangas was our favorite!) I also can’t say enough about the other staff who took care of the cleaning and cooking breakfast; breakfast was something we looked forward to everyday! It was the best! We had a family of iguanas around the yard and howler monkeys in the trees next door. We’d wake up to the sounds of them. It was just amazing! I would not hesitate to book this place again and again! If you’re looking for a top notch place…this is it!!!
- Tyler, Posted: 05/14/2022
Staying at Casa Costa Blanca was a magical experience! Our group of 14 were very comfortable and treated like kings and queens! Gaby and Xiomara were amazing! They made us breakfast every morning and kept the house in order which was very appreciated! Mariam our host and concierge was attentive and quick to respond and incredibly helpful way before we even got there. I highly recommend Casa Costa Blanca from StayTamarindo! Hopefully we’ll be back soon!
- Matthew, Posted: 04/13/2022
My friends and I had an amazing time at Casa Costa Blanca to celebrate my 30th birthday. The house was perfect for a large group and slept 20 people comfortably. The girls who worked at the house were lovely and made us a delicious breakfast every morning and drinks in the afternoon. Finally, everything was perfectly planned by the incredibly patient and organized Mariam. Mariam helped plan all activities and was always on call if any issues came up. I was able to have a relaxing vacation thanks to Mariam. I would absolutely come to Tamarindo again and stay at Casa Costa Blanca. 10/10!
- Russell, Posted: 03/29/2022
We loved our stay and we loved Gaby and Ximara!! We loved the setting, the pool and especially the hot tub in the evening!! Thank you everyone at Stay in Tamarindo!!
- Tim, Posted: 01/12/2022
This property is absolutely incredible! The pictures do not even show how beautiful it is. We spent 7 days here and had a wedding on the property that was perfect. The housekeepers were great and came everyday to make us breakfast. I would recommend using the service that stocks the house with food. We did this and it was helpful to have and we also stopped at the store on the way. Have them take you to the regular grocery store, they took us to one that has more American food and it was expensive. The view from the pool of the ocean is spectacular! The sunsets divine. I would suggest getting a golf cart to get to the beach club - the food there is amazing and its great swimming in the ocean there. You can walk down the beach it takes about 30 min but it needs to be low tide.We had spa treatments there that were great. We did a couple excursions that were amazing. Sunset cruise is a must do, it was an incredible afternoon. We also did ziplines and tubing down a river which was a highlight. Mariam, Kate and Nadine organized everything and coordinated everthing seamlessly. If you are planning a party it is worth it to have them plan and organize the whole thing. It was a dream wedding and such the perfect place to have it. Security at this property is tight - make sure you let the staff know if you have a taxi coming ect. we had some incidents where it was hard to get them to access the gate. The gardeners are great they clean up everyday and keep the hot tub and pool pristine. The bbq is great!You need to buy ice!! This house is so roomy we had 23 stay and it doesn't feel crowded! It is an absolutely gorgeous home with outdoor living space.
- Joshua, Posted: 01/05/2022
Casa Costa Blanca is better in real life than the pictures portray (hard to believe). From the beautiful, clean, large home to the resort-like palapa, pool, and private beach our stay was loaded with fun and memories. What made our stay unbelievable was the attention the staff gave our families. Everyday our home was cleaned and immaculate and our breakfast was prepared and delicious. The ladies that took care of all of the daily home and food needs were so kind and willing to do everything and anything, so we could enjoy ourselves and not be preoccupied with chores and cooking! If we could, we would be back next week! Thank you for the awesome vacation-what a blessing! What a home! Thank you Casa Costa Blanca and everyone associated with it! Gracias. Gracias. Gracias.
- Russell, Posted: 12/27/2021
Our family loves Costa Blanco!! The large bedrooms, two kitchens work out so well for as many as we have. But it is the pool, hot tub and location on the beach that is about the best we have seen in the world!! Thank you so much and look forward to our next trip!
- Kristin, Posted: 11/29/2021
Our group of 14 (ages 14-81) spent a wonderful week at Casa Costa Blanca! The house and pool area were perfect for our group, with plenty of room for everyone to spread out. Mariam made preparing for our trip easy - helping with golf cart rentals, in-house massages, airport shuttles, and catering. We highly recommend this residence and hope return soon!
My friends and family stayed at Casa Costa Blanca for a wedding anniversary celebration. Due to the pandemic, our trip was postponed for a year but we felt well taken care of the entire time, from rescheduling our trip to even helping us after we checked out! Mariam and her team are amazing. Many of our guests had never traveled out of the U.S. before, and she made the experience comfortable and seamless for us! All of our transportation, excursions, and requests were handled perfectly, which made the trip so much less stressful for us all. The house is amazing and we had everything we needed. The pictures do not do it justice. The pool and jacuzzi were perfect, especially when we could look out at our ocean view. And surprisingly the two full size kitchens were really useful! We had plenty of space of our 11 person group, and cannot wait to visit again!
- Laurie Afrom California, Posted: 09/22/2021
- Carol, Posted: 09/15/2021
Everything from the house, the tours, and the maids Gabi and Rosa were excellent! They really made us feel comfortable and at home ? The guides were excellent and informative! Looking forward to returning!
- Patricia, Posted: 08/09/2021
First, I'd just like to say that Mariam is amazing. She was available, thorough, and provided all that we needed to make our (3) family stay amazing. Next, the home and grounds are stunning. We loved our morning walks on the beach, coming back to the house after excursions, private chef dinners (highly recommended), and evening group experiences in the pool and jacuzzi. We had the sound of waves crashing, lightening in the distance, fireflies, shooting stars, our favorite music, and with some delicious wine we wanted the nights and this vacation to last forever. It's a magical place. Howler monkeys were in the trees, iguanas visited us daily, and we even had some adorable dogs come visit one afternoon. We loved every minute. The only bummer is that our vacation had to end.
- Sandi, Posted: 07/21/2021
We had a wonderful time at Casa Costa Blanca. The house is set up beautifully. We loved the pool area overlooking the beach and the ocean. The outdoor area is wonderful. My kids loved it. The pool was big and hot tub was so nice by the BBQ. Iguanas visited and lots of birds. So pretty. We were spoiled by the staff. They prepared a wonderful breakfast every morning and kept the house spotless. Mariam helped me organize so many activities. From grocery service to chef prepared meals from Panga’s, we were spoiled all week. We played and relaxed all week… a true vacation in a paradise setting. Thank you for a perfect week!!!
- Kelly, Posted: 07/17/2021
This property was beyond beautiful. Our group of 14 had an incredible stay and would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a place to accommodate large groups. The property was well cared for, very private even though it is in a community, and has stunning views from everywhere in the house. We were a close commute to tamarindo and had lots of wonderful food options within 20-30 min drive. The staff was so helpful and lovely and cooked us traditional Costa Rican breakfasts which were to die for. I hope we are able to visit again SOON!
- David, Posted: 04/21/2021
This is the perfect place if you are looking to get the most out of your trip. The house is amazing, it has everything you need, the jacuzzi and the pool are perfect to have fun during the day, just few steps from the beach to see every sunset. Mariam is always there at every moment to help with anything you need, transportation, food, and literally any service you need in your trip. Totally recommend it, you won't regret.
- Bill, Posted: 04/20/2021
For 25 years we have traveled the Caribbean, the Bahamas and the US. We finally found the perfect place. This place has the most welcoming pool, has the beach within 30 yards and the the thatched roof terrace is where you will find yourself most of the day. We have stayed here several times and it was the perfect place to hold our destination wedding. All our guests loved it. But you must use Mariam as your concierge. She knows everyone and keeps her cool when things are happening fast (first time guests from the states). :-). Take your family or friends to this place and they will not spend the day watching tv or with their faces in their phones.
- Marta, Posted: 04/19/2021
The accommodations, Mariam and the housekeeping staff all exceeded our expectations. Mariam was incredible in assisting us with our trip; she helping plan our excursions, surfing lessons, hire chefs for dinner and coordinate transportation all week in the fly. The house is perfect. Stay in Tamarindo exceeded all of our expectations.
- Fernando, Posted: 07/14/2020
Our Family needed a getaway from the city and all Covid related issues. Casa Costa Blanca was a great fit for us. The Staff of StayinTamarindo was great from the moment of the booking all through our stay. They made us feel they were always there for whatever our needs were. The house itself is in a perfect location and has an ideal distribution for families that want to be together but still want to maintain independence. Incredible common area with superb pool and jacuzzi that oversee the ocean. One morning we woke up to the sound of howler monkeys which was a great feeling. I have been going to Hacienda Pinilla for over 15 years and I can tell you this house is the best location on the property. I recommend 100% this house and specially to book it through stayintamarindo.
- David Edward, Posted: 06/25/2020
Our Stay at Hacienda Pinilla, couldn't have been better. Everything was great! Beautiful property with great accommodations, with a very friendly staff. Delicious daily Breakfast was included with our stay. Breathtaking beach with Lava rock formations..highly recommend taking photos at sunset.
- Jon, Posted: 06/03/2020
We loved this house and the location so much. The staff was so welcoming and helpful!
Everyone helped make this vacation a dream. We will definitely be returning to this lovely home. thank you!
- Danielle, Posted: 02/25/2020
What can I say..this rental property was absolutely beautiful, everything we hoped it would be and more! We would fully recommend this to anyone in large groups traveling to Costa Rica for an oasis get away.
Property managers where very helpful and professional. Staff,guardsmen very friendly, felt very safe. All our excursions and pick-ups were right on time. Will be coming back to this little hide away soon! "The Pineapple Crew"! Feb. 2020
- Kelli, Posted: 01/29/2020
Everything was perfect! The house was beautiful. The staff was warm and kept everything so clean. My one negative review is the tile texture from the house to the pool. I fell so hard on the slick tile I am still in pain. I also had 2 guests fall very hard hurting and bruising their hips and knees. An immediate fix would be placing mats on the walkways before someone breaks a hip.
- Charles, Posted: 12/30/2019
Our stay at Casa Costa Blanca was everything we hoped for and more. It's in the 4,500 acre gated, beautiful and peaceful Hacienda Pinilla, away from the hustle and bustle of nearby public beaches, villages and Tamarindo. However, it's close enough to visit them and get a feel of Costa Rica's "Pura Vida." Playa Langosta is only a few minutes away by car and was like a private beach area with lounge chairs, shade and a sandy beach for enjoying playful waves and a walk down the beach to surfing. A guided horse ride at the equestrian center was phenomenal. The house was fantastic, very comfortable with plenty of bedrooms and living space. The best was the stunning, huge pool and outdoor living area looking out over the beach and ocean. The beach is sandy with a rocky reef for exploring during low tide and snorkeling. Everyday, except Sunday, from 8 am to 4 pm, Marvin, Gabby and Rosa did a wonderful job of making breakfast (we suppled the food), cleaning, maintaining the grounds and house operations. Marvin speaks excellent English. Cris assisted with hiring a cook for several days to prepare a lunch which we used as our main meal for the day. She also assisted with setting up scuba diving at Pacific Dive Center in Playa Flamingo. With the private community ocean front location, house, pool, outside living area and helpful assistance, it was a special vacation for us all!
- Linda, Posted: 12/17/2019
Beautiful well cared for property. Staff made the best food we had all week! Amazing service. Nothing like the pool and sunsets. Great space for family groups. Loved it and cant wait for next trip.
- Courtney, Posted: 12/12/2019
Pictures don't do justice!! We came here with a group of friends and the home offered plenty of space and privacy for all. It's located in a beautiful gated community. From recommendations to day trips and transportation, the leasing office was extremely helpful and responsive. During our stay the house staff went above and beyond- we couldn't be more appreciative of their hospitality. If you want a front row seat to some of the best sunsets, we'd highly recommend this home. We'll be back for sure!
- Summer, Posted: 12/07/2019
Casa Costa Blanca is truly perfect. My (now) husband and I had our destination wedding here with 30 guests. We had 19 people in this house and another 11 at Casa Orchidea (5 minute walk down the street).
The guests we had at Casa Costa Blanca were all in the age range of 2-80. Everyone LOVED the house! Enough comfortable sleeping for everyone! Us wild young things stayed in the main house while my parents/Grandma slept in the Casita over the garage. This house was perfect for all of our friends and family to unite and get to know each other.
1. The pool. Most amazing pool EVER with attached hot tub. The pool also has a very shallow sunbathing / toddler part to it which was perfect for our 2-year old nephew to Wade around in.
2. The view. The view you get from the pictures is definitely amazing but the view you get in-person is breathtaking. I love how the beach is right there but it it sort of has a natural boundary from the house by the tree line. The sandy area beyond the pool is where we held our wedding ceremony!!
3. The concierge service and the entire staff at Stay In Tamarindo. Mariam and Adriana are an amazing concierge team. We did not hire a wedding planner but planned most of the wedding ourselves along with the advice of Mariam. Through my own research and with the help of her, we were able to contact all vendors needed for the wedding including a band, photographer, catering company etc. Marvin and our housekeepers / breakfast cooks were the most amazing and hospitable staff I've ever witnessed! They are at your house every day except Sunday and they cook breakfast and clean the entire house every day. You do have to buy your own groceries for breakfast but they will deliver it to the house for a small fee, which I totally recommend. You just tell Mariam what kind of food you want each morning and the breakfast chefs prepare it all (definitely have them make Gallo Pinto for you everyday for breakfast! Goes great with the
eggs and bacon!)
4. The entire layout of the house is perfect. This place is a mansion. Loved how there was a living room and kitchen on the top floor and the bottom floor. Both floors are pretty much identical in layout. All the beds are super comfortable and we also loved sitting on the top balcony watching the sunsets. The outside canopy bed was a favorite hang out and the outdoor kitchen and bar area got a lot of use from us!
5. The beach sunsets around 5 are spectacular! Many nights we would all go out there and sit on the rocks and on the beach and just watch the sunset with a cocktail in hand.
6. There is snorkeling gear in the garage and many of our guests decided to go snorkel out in the water at low tide. Do not go in high tide because there are many rocks and you cannot see them but lots of beautiful fish were seen by those who snorkeled.
7. The beach club! Although this house is incredible enough on its own, we did venture to the Hacienda Pinilla Beach club a couple of days. It is not far from the house... About a 8 minute drive and just about a 40-minute beach walk if you feel like walking. They have a great restaurant, an awesome surfing/paddle boarding beach, (Lots of sand dollars!) and a lovely pool. We were there in early November so there was hardly anyone else there every time we went.
8. Nearby restaurants/catering: You HAVE to go to Cactus!! About a 15 minute drive. Very small place owned by a young man who is very passionate about his food. Wonderful meals here with a true local feel! The beach club has good food, as well as Lola's (good pizza and fun hang-out). We got Belly Fed Better to cater our wedding dinner, which was top-notch. We also had Sunset catering do a taco night for the whole group one evening. I would recommend both of these catering companies.
9. If you are having a wedding or a party of some sort while you are here, you have to hire Pinky Guaro as a live band to provide entertainment, without a doubt! They truly made our wedding and incredible party! This band is professional, high quality, and super duper fun. Tell Stephanie (lead singer) I sent ya! The band played under the outdoor palapa. It didn't rain, but the band and their equipment would've been covered from rain by the palapa roof had it would have rained.
10. I honestly cannot say enough good things about Casa Costa Blanca. It was the most amazing time of our lives. A lot of our guests had never even been out of the country before and they said it was the trip of their lifetime. Same with guests that had been out of the United States...everyone had the most amazing time at Casa Costa Blanca. So many memories!! The neighborhood is very well maintained and very safe. It is fun to take walks/jogs around the neighborhood streets. There is a small nature trail outside of the neighborhood gates where we saw an entire troop of howler monkeys with babies. Probably about 30 howler monkeys. A few of them also came to the house on a couple days, swinging in the trees.
I would definitely recommend that some people in your group rent a car. Is very hard to get taxis into the gates because the security is so tight. It's nice to have the freedom to drive to Tamarindo or anywhere else you might please with your own rental car. Speaking of Tamarindo, there is no need to even go there. This house has everything you could need and this community has all the restaurants and beaches you could want. Much better food and vibes here than touristy/overpriced Tamarindo.
Final thoughts: We had our dream wedding here thanks to everyone at Stay In Tamarindo and the entire housekeeping crew. It was a trip/wedding we will never forget and we hope to come back! Even if we don't stay at Casa Costa Blanca we would definitely love to stay at another property that is managed by Stayintamarindo.com because they were A++ through the entire booking process and through our entire vacation.
I could go on forever... Stay at this house!! It's magical!!
- Chad, Posted: 10/28/2019
First, our group consisted of 6 adults and 6 children. Everything was perfect for all of us! Most of our time was spent by the pool, Jacuzzi, and cabana and it could not have been better.
All the bedrooms were perfect, and Gabbi made sure we were taken care of throughout the day. We had a group of 12 and never felt crowded.
4 of the nights we had the local chef option. When we come back to Casa Costa Blanca we will probably do this every night. The food was wonderful, and we enjoyed having the chef at the house more than we did eating out at the restaurants. Breakfast comes with the house, but you will need to buy the groceries (see below). We asked Gabbi what to buy and she cooked us a wonderful breakfast every morning.
We did several excursions: Horse back riding, zip lining, surfing, fishing (1 marlin, 6 mahi mahi), and a catamaran cruise. All of it was top notch. During the catamaran cruise it rained the entire trip, but it was still a wonderful trip. We had a BBQ dinner at the Black Stallion Ranch. We had 12 people, but they cooked enough food for 20. The food was delicious. We ate, drank, and karaoke all night! Mariam made all the excursions bookings easy.
The house comes with snorkel gear, and during low tide you can walk just to the left of the property and snorkel in a lagoon. We saw all types of marine life! If you are planning on a snorkel excursion, I would recommend just doing it in front of the property for free.
Our surfing trip was at Avellanas Surf School, about a 20-minute drive from the house. The surf instructions were great. Everyone in our group learned how to surf from a 11-year-old to a 46-year-old. We ate at Lola's which is directly on the beach and spent the entire day at the surf camp.
Driving- Driving was easy, however the roads may not be what you are accustomed to. The main highways are in good order, but once you turn onto a secondary street you are in for a slow bumpy ride.
We bought groceries at the Auto Mercado just before the town of Tamarindo. The wine, beer, and food selection were good. I would advise stocking up and carry snacks and alcohol to the house. The drive to town is about 30 minutes because of the road conditions.
Monkeys come to the house and hang out. If you have children buy fruit at the grocery store to feed the iguanas.
Several of us jogged each morning and the roads in Hacienda Pinilla are perfect.
If your debating about were to stay in Costa Rica, this is your place.
- Gitesh, Posted: 08/15/2019
Mariam and Rosa and Marvin were GREAT!! Pura Vida
- Eileen G, Posted: 08/14/2019
The home was as beautiful and luxurious as in the pictures. The staff was fabulous. We had a fantastic time due in most part to the accommodations. The breakfasts that the staff prepared for us was delicious. Highly recommended for anyone visiting to stay here.