- David Edward, Posted: 06/25/2020
Our Stay at Hacienda Pinilla, couldn't have been better. Everything was great! Beautiful property with great accommodations, with a very friendly staff. Delicious daily Breakfast was included with our stay. Breathtaking beach with Lava rock formations..highly recommend taking photos at sunset.
- Jon, Posted: 06/03/2020
We loved this house and the location so much. The staff was so welcoming and helpful!
Everyone helped make this vacation a dream. We will definitely be returning to this lovely home. thank you!
- Danielle, Posted: 02/25/2020
What can I say..this rental property was absolutely beautiful, everything we hoped it would be and more! We would fully recommend this to anyone in large groups traveling to Costa Rica for an oasis get away.
Property managers where very helpful and professional. Staff,guardsmen very friendly, felt very safe. All our excursions and pick-ups were right on time. Will be coming back to this little hide away soon! "The Pineapple Crew"! Feb. 2020
- Kelli, Posted: 01/29/2020
Everything was perfect! The house was beautiful. The staff was warm and kept everything so clean. My one negative review is the tile texture from the house to the pool. I fell so hard on the slick tile I am still in pain. I also had 2 guests fall very hard hurting and bruising their hips and knees. An immediate fix would be placing mats on the walkways before someone breaks a hip.
- Charles, Posted: 12/30/2019
Our stay at Casa Costa Blanca was everything we hoped for and more. It's in the 4,500 acre gated, beautiful and peaceful Hacienda Pinilla, away from the hustle and bustle of nearby public beaches, villages and Tamarindo. However, it's close enough to visit them and get a feel of Costa Rica's "Pura Vida." Playa Langosta is only a few minutes away by car and was like a private beach area with lounge chairs, shade and a sandy beach for enjoying playful waves and a walk down the beach to surfing. A guided horse ride at the equestrian center was phenomenal. The house was fantastic, very comfortable with plenty of bedrooms and living space. The best was the stunning, huge pool and outdoor living area looking out over the beach and ocean. The beach is sandy with a rocky reef for exploring during low tide and snorkeling. Everyday, except Sunday, from 8 am to 4 pm, Marvin, Gabby and Rosa did a wonderful job of making breakfast (we suppled the food), cleaning, maintaining the grounds and house operations. Marvin speaks excellent English. Cris assisted with hiring a cook for several days to prepare a lunch which we used as our main meal for the day. She also assisted with setting up scuba diving at Pacific Dive Center in Playa Flamingo. With the private community ocean front location, house, pool, outside living area and helpful assistance, it was a special vacation for us all!
- Linda, Posted: 12/17/2019
Beautiful well cared for property. Staff made the best food we had all week! Amazing service. Nothing like the pool and sunsets. Great space for family groups. Loved it and cant wait for next trip.
- Courtney, Posted: 12/12/2019
Pictures don't do justice!! We came here with a group of friends and the home offered plenty of space and privacy for all. It's located in a beautiful gated community. From recommendations to day trips and transportation, the leasing office was extremely helpful and responsive. During our stay the house staff went above and beyond- we couldn't be more appreciative of their hospitality. If you want a front row seat to some of the best sunsets, we'd highly recommend this home. We'll be back for sure!
- Summer, Posted: 12/07/2019
Casa Costa Blanca is truly perfect. My (now) husband and I had our destination wedding here with 30 guests. We had 19 people in this house and another 11 at Casa Orchidea (5 minute walk down the street).
The guests we had at Casa Costa Blanca were all in the age range of 2-80. Everyone LOVED the house! Enough comfortable sleeping for everyone! Us wild young things stayed in the main house while my parents/Grandma slept in the Casita over the garage. This house was perfect for all of our friends and family to unite and get to know each other.
1. The pool. Most amazing pool EVER with attached hot tub. The pool also has a very shallow sunbathing / toddler part to it which was perfect for our 2-year old nephew to Wade around in.
2. The view. The view you get from the pictures is definitely amazing but the view you get in-person is breathtaking. I love how the beach is right there but it it sort of has a natural boundary from the house by the tree line. The sandy area beyond the pool is where we held our wedding ceremony!!
3. The concierge service and the entire staff at Stay In Tamarindo. Mariam and Adriana are an amazing concierge team. We did not hire a wedding planner but planned most of the wedding ourselves along with the advice of Mariam. Through my own research and with the help of her, we were able to contact all vendors needed for the wedding including a band, photographer, catering company etc. Marvin and our housekeepers / breakfast cooks were the most amazing and hospitable staff I've ever witnessed! They are at your house every day except Sunday and they cook breakfast and clean the entire house every day. You do have to buy your own groceries for breakfast but they will deliver it to the house for a small fee, which I totally recommend. You just tell Mariam what kind of food you want each morning and the breakfast chefs prepare it all (definitely have them make Gallo Pinto for you everyday for breakfast! Goes great with the
eggs and bacon!)
4. The entire layout of the house is perfect. This place is a mansion. Loved how there was a living room and kitchen on the top floor and the bottom floor. Both floors are pretty much identical in layout. All the beds are super comfortable and we also loved sitting on the top balcony watching the sunsets. The outside canopy bed was a favorite hang out and the outdoor kitchen and bar area got a lot of use from us!
5. The beach sunsets around 5 are spectacular! Many nights we would all go out there and sit on the rocks and on the beach and just watch the sunset with a cocktail in hand.
6. There is snorkeling gear in the garage and many of our guests decided to go snorkel out in the water at low tide. Do not go in high tide because there are many rocks and you cannot see them but lots of beautiful fish were seen by those who snorkeled.
7. The beach club! Although this house is incredible enough on its own, we did venture to the Hacienda Pinilla Beach club a couple of days. It is not far from the house... About a 8 minute drive and just about a 40-minute beach walk if you feel like walking. They have a great restaurant, an awesome surfing/paddle boarding beach, (Lots of sand dollars!) and a lovely pool. We were there in early November so there was hardly anyone else there every time we went.
8. Nearby restaurants/catering: You HAVE to go to Cactus!! About a 15 minute drive. Very small place owned by a young man who is very passionate about his food. Wonderful meals here with a true local feel! The beach club has good food, as well as Lola's (good pizza and fun hang-out). We got Belly Fed Better to cater our wedding dinner, which was top-notch. We also had Sunset catering do a taco night for the whole group one evening. I would recommend both of these catering companies.
9. If you are having a wedding or a party of some sort while you are here, you have to hire Pinky Guaro as a live band to provide entertainment, without a doubt! They truly made our wedding and incredible party! This band is professional, high quality, and super duper fun. Tell Stephanie (lead singer) I sent ya! The band played under the outdoor palapa. It didn't rain, but the band and their equipment would've been covered from rain by the palapa roof had it would have rained.
10. I honestly cannot say enough good things about Casa Costa Blanca. It was the most amazing time of our lives. A lot of our guests had never even been out of the country before and they said it was the trip of their lifetime. Same with guests that had been out of the United States...everyone had the most amazing time at Casa Costa Blanca. So many memories!! The neighborhood is very well maintained and very safe. It is fun to take walks/jogs around the neighborhood streets. There is a small nature trail outside of the neighborhood gates where we saw an entire troop of howler monkeys with babies. Probably about 30 howler monkeys. A few of them also came to the house on a couple days, swinging in the trees.
I would definitely recommend that some people in your group rent a car. Is very hard to get taxis into the gates because the security is so tight. It's nice to have the freedom to drive to Tamarindo or anywhere else you might please with your own rental car. Speaking of Tamarindo, there is no need to even go there. This house has everything you could need and this community has all the restaurants and beaches you could want. Much better food and vibes here than touristy/overpriced Tamarindo.
Final thoughts: We had our dream wedding here thanks to everyone at Stay In Tamarindo and the entire housekeeping crew. It was a trip/wedding we will never forget and we hope to come back! Even if we don't stay at Casa Costa Blanca we would definitely love to stay at another property that is managed by Stayintamarindo.com because they were A++ through the entire booking process and through our entire vacation.
I could go on forever... Stay at this house!! It's magical!!
- Chad, Posted: 10/28/2019
First, our group consisted of 6 adults and 6 children. Everything was perfect for all of us! Most of our time was spent by the pool, Jacuzzi, and cabana and it could not have been better.
All the bedrooms were perfect, and Gabbi made sure we were taken care of throughout the day. We had a group of 12 and never felt crowded.
4 of the nights we had the local chef option. When we come back to Casa Costa Blanca we will probably do this every night. The food was wonderful, and we enjoyed having the chef at the house more than we did eating out at the restaurants. Breakfast comes with the house, but you will need to buy the groceries (see below). We asked Gabbi what to buy and she cooked us a wonderful breakfast every morning.
We did several excursions: Horse back riding, zip lining, surfing, fishing (1 marlin, 6 mahi mahi), and a catamaran cruise. All of it was top notch. During the catamaran cruise it rained the entire trip, but it was still a wonderful trip. We had a BBQ dinner at the Black Stallion Ranch. We had 12 people, but they cooked enough food for 20. The food was delicious. We ate, drank, and karaoke all night! Mariam made all the excursions bookings easy.
The house comes with snorkel gear, and during low tide you can walk just to the left of the property and snorkel in a lagoon. We saw all types of marine life! If you are planning on a snorkel excursion, I would recommend just doing it in front of the property for free.
Our surfing trip was at Avellanas Surf School, about a 20-minute drive from the house. The surf instructions were great. Everyone in our group learned how to surf from a 11-year-old to a 46-year-old. We ate at Lola's which is directly on the beach and spent the entire day at the surf camp.
Driving- Driving was easy, however the roads may not be what you are accustomed to. The main highways are in good order, but once you turn onto a secondary street you are in for a slow bumpy ride.
We bought groceries at the Auto Mercado just before the town of Tamarindo. The wine, beer, and food selection were good. I would advise stocking up and carry snacks and alcohol to the house. The drive to town is about 30 minutes because of the road conditions.
Monkeys come to the house and hang out. If you have children buy fruit at the grocery store to feed the iguanas.
Several of us jogged each morning and the roads in Hacienda Pinilla are perfect.
If your debating about were to stay in Costa Rica, this is your place.
- Gitesh, Posted: 08/15/2019
Mariam and Rosa and Marvin were GREAT!! Pura Vida
- Eileen G, Posted: 08/14/2019
The home was as beautiful and luxurious as in the pictures. The staff was fabulous. We had a fantastic time due in most part to the accommodations. The breakfasts that the staff prepared for us was delicious. Highly recommended for anyone visiting to stay here.