Effective Date: May, 2020
2. Types of Information Collected.We may collect the following types of information from you:
(A) information that you actively choose to disclose when you submit an information request through the Site, sign up to receive one of our newsletters, use the feature on the site “Remind me to book this later”, “Request more information”, participate in an online survey or use the “Email your Favorites” feature on the Site, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address or other information by
which you may be identified,
(B) information automatically collected when you visit the Site, such as your IP address, browser type and other software and hardware information, and information about what web pages you have visited, what queries you have run and advertisements you have viewed, and
(C) information that other people provide to us about you when they send you a property listing using the “Email your Favorites” feature on the Site.
● To contact you.We may periodically send you information and promotional materials about our services, properties and products in which we believe you may be interested. If you want to stop receiving informational and promotional materials from us you can follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
● To fulfill requests submitted by you.If you request information or services from us, or if we receive your email address because someone you know has sent a property listing to you through the “Email your Favorites” feature on the Site, we may use the information provided about you to fulfill the applicable request. If we receive your email address because someone you know has sent a property listing
to you through the “Email your Favorites” feature on the Site, will not use your email address for any reason other than to send you the property listing, and any related message, that is sent to you by that person.
● To perform market research.We may use and disclose information collected through the Site for market research purposes, for project planning or for development of prospect lists for our communities. In addition, we may use your information in an aggregate manner with the information of others and may use and disclose such statistical information in connection with managing our business.
● To provide and manage the Site. We use the information we collect from and about users to measure and improve the services and features offered through the Site, to allow you to participate in contests or promotions, to enable you to communicate and share with other users, and to provide you with customer support and respond to inquiries.
4. How We Share Your Information with Third Parties. We do not sell or rent user information we collect through the Site to any third parties for their own marketing purposes. In the event we want to sell or rent your information to third parties for their own marketing purposes in the future, we will notify you and you will have an opportunity to affirmatively opt-in to receiving these third party marketing communications. Stay in Tamarindo does share your information with third parties
in some circumstances as follows:
● To allow third party service providers to assist us in connection with the Site. We may make your information available to certain third-party service providers, such as contractors, agents or sponsors, who help us manage the Site or provide services through the Site by, for example: developing or supporting products and features; conducting email marketing on our behalf; processing transactions;
administering message boards; processing data or statistics; or assisting with the administration, judging and prize fulfillment aspects of contests, promotions and sweepstakes. These third-party service providers are required to protect the information we entrust to them and not use it for any purpose other than the specific service they are providing to us.
● In connection with business transfers. In the event of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or other sale of all or a portion of our assets, any user information owned or controlled by us may be one of the assets transferred to third parties. We reserve the right, as part of this type of transaction, to transfer or assign your information and other information we have collected from users of the Site to third parties. Other than to the extent ordered by a bankruptcy or other court, the use
should be aware that, following disclosure to any third party, your information may be accessible by others to the extent permitted or required by applicable law.
from the Site. We use these technologies to help us provide a better user experience by measuring which Site areas are of greatest interest to you. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, however, you can choose to disable cookies in your browser. If you elect to disable cookies in your browser you should still be able to access most web pages on the Site.
Certain web pages on the Site may contain web beacons (also known as internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs). When you receive newsletters or promotional email from us, or use the “Email your Favorites” feature on the Site, we may use web beacons, customized links or similar technologies to determine the date and time the email was sent, whether the email has been opened and which links you click in order to provide you with more focused communications and information.
Stay in Tamarindo does not have access to or control over web beacons or cookies that third party websites may use. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these third-party websites. You are encouraged to review the privacy policies of the different websites you visit. In addition, some third-party advertising companies may provide a mechanism to opt-out of their technology. For more information about the opt out process, you may visit the Network Advertising
Initiative website, available at: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. In addition, your browser may allow you to adjust your browser settings so that “do not track” requests are sent to the websites that you visit. However, Stay in Tamarindo will not disable tracking technology that may be active on the Site in response to any “do not track” requests that we receive from your browser.
7. Live Chat and Contact Forums.If you post information about yourself via chat or similar interactive portions of our Site, that information may be viewed and used by Stay in Tamarindo.
8. Notice to Residents of Countries outside of the United States. Stay in Tamarindo is located in Costa Rica, the Site is hosted in the U.S. and the data you submit to the Site is stored in the U.S. The privacy and data protection laws in the U.S. may not be equivalent to similar laws in your country of residence. By using the Site, or by providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the U.S.
9. Securing Your Information. We use commercially reasonable administrative, technical and physical precautions to keep the information about you that we have gathered protected from unauthorized use or access. You should recognize, however, that no computer system is fully secure and that there are inherent risks associated with the Internet.
10. The Site Is Not Intended for Children Under 13 Years Old. The Site is not directed to children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect or use personal information from anyone under the age of 13. Minors who are 13 years old or over should secure the permission of their parent or guardian before providing any information on or through the Site. We ask parents to be particularly careful in supervising any children using the Site, especially the interactive portions.
11. Access to and Correction of Personal Information Maintained About You/Ability to Opt Out of Further Contacts.
(A) Access. In the event you wish to determine the nature of the information we have collected from or about you, please contact us.
(B) Updates and Corrections. In addition, if you have corrections or updates to the information we are maintaining about you (your address for example), please help us keep your information accurate by providing us with the corrected information.
(C) Opt Out. In the event that you do not wish to receive future marketing and similar materials from us (other than those we are required by law or by contract to provide to you), please contact us and notify us of your request. Our inadvertent failure to comply with this request shall not be a violation of this policy. Please note that we may have gathered information about you through other sites, sources, methods and means (including through our affiliates) and this opt out may not necessarily be applied to the information we have about you that has been provided by these other sources. In addition, if you opt out to receive certain information, you may not be able to utilize certain portions of the Site.
(D) Questions. If you have questions about the operation of this site or other matters, please direct them to our marketing team.