Oh hello, it's been awhile, hasn't it? Because wow, what a year! In some ways, 2020 feels like the punchline to a cringe-worthy riddle – when did a decade fall within the span of just a few months? – but in other ways, it's just been... unprecedented. That's a good word for it. So, we thought we'd brighten your day with a little bit of much-needed precedent: The Costa Rican holiday season is upon us – and our Tamarindo vacation rentals are ready play! More than ready. We are delighted and excited and all the other good things! Because, whether you're planning a Christmas in Costa Rica or a New Year's abroad, a break from the office or a long-term, work-from-home rental in paradise, we have the Tamarindo vacation package or just-right-for-you vacation home to fulfill all your travel needs and dreams. All while keeping you safe, of course. Here's what's been happening in Costa Rica – at our airports, in our local businesses, and even on the government level. Or, just skip ahead to the fun stuff – plan your holiday in Costa Rica, check out our longer-term rentals (work or school abroad, anyone?), or jump right to finding the Tamarindo vacation rentals perfect for you.
- COVID Protocols
- Travel Requirements
- At Stay in Tamarindo, We Prioritize YOU
- Christmas in Costa Rica
- Long-Term Rentals for the Virtual Office & Schooling
COVID Travel to Costa Rica: Who's Flying and What Do I Need?As of November 1, 2020, Costa Rica's national COVID protocols have become a lot easier to interpret. In addition to simplifying entry requirements for travelers, these updated protocols equate to more certainty for airlines, attractions, and other travel-related businesses. Which, for you, means a decreased chance of itinerary changes, cancellations, and other headaches. And all that to say, that flights, airline openings, and other good news have increased over the last few weeks. As of publish, airlines have provided the following updates:
- Already Flying to/from Costa Rica: Aeromexico, Air France, American Airlines, Copa Airlines, Iberia, JetBlue, Lufthansa, Spirit and United Airlines (including service to Liberia, the closest airport to Tamarindo)
- Scheduled Flight Re-Openings, Coming Soon: Air Canada (November 3), Alaska Air (November 19), British Airways (November 1), Edelweiss (December 23), Southwest (2021)
- A completed Health Pass.
- Traveler's Medical Insurance (international or Costa Rican), effective for your visit and that covers at least $50,000 in medical expenses (including COVID) and a minimum $2,000 for COVID-related (possible quarantine) lodging expenses. (Get in touch and we'll be happy to help you find the right policy.)
San José and Liberia Airports – COVID Updates and ProtocolsWe get it – travel is simply different now. There's no getting around it. Before you even book your airfare, you want to know how Costa Rica will help keep you safe. So, here are a few ways we – and the airports – have prioritized your health, from the moment you arrive:
- Safety Accreditation: Our local airport, Liberia's Daniel Oduber Airport (LIR), is the third terminal in the world to receive the ACI Airport Health Accreditation (AHA) following the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Masks Required: Masks are required in many public spaces, including Juan Santamaría International Airport (San José / SJO) and Daniel Oduber International Airport (Liberia / LIR).
- Transparent Barriers: Everywhere from the airport to grocery stores, you'll appreciate plastic barriers that help keep you safe and physically separated, even when you can't be distanced.
- Sanitizing Carpets: At the airport, you'll walk over disinfectant rugs upon arrival and departure. You will likely walk over several more (although you may not notice them) at businesses throughout Costa Rica.
- Temperature Measurements: At the airport, cameras offer no-touch temperature (fever) measurement; many area businesses also offer this service, upon entrance to their facilities.
- Sanitizing Stations & Sinks: The airports, public areas, and many businesses have installed outdoor sanitizing stations – everything from free hand sanitizer to foot-operated sinks, soap and paper towels.
- Marked Distancing: At the airport, tourist attractions, businesses and other locales, you'll notice that floors are marked for distancing.
- Constant Disinfection: Costa Rica has seriously stepped up its sanitization measures. At airports and many locations around the country – restaurants, attractions, and more – you'll notice personnel unobtrusively cleaning, disinfecting and wiping down all high-touch surfaces.
Stay in Tamarindo Reopens to TravelAs borders open, beaches re-open, and tourism begins to rebound, so do we! And we are so very happy to be back. Welcoming travelers is one of our greatest joys; 2020 has been dull without you. First things first, at Stay in Tamarindo, we prioritize your safety:
- COVID Cleaning: Among other measures, we clean and sanitize all our Tamarindo vacation homes with both chlorine-based and organic disinfectants proven effective in killing new coronavirus (severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2, or SARS-CoV-2).
- Courtesy Hand Sanitizer: We've equipped all our rentals with complementary hand sanitizer.
- Masked Hospitality: All Stay in Tamarindo staff, including our cleaning crews, are fully masked during all moments of traveler contact.
- Travel with Your "Bubble": Here in Costa Rica, we refer to your COVID companions as your social bubble. And here at Stay in Tamarindo, our concierge ensures your travel plans – transportation, tours and activities – are for your bubble only.